PDF GENERATION USING ACTIVITY IN PEGA📃
Updated: Feb 5, 2020
Introduction to Activities:
An activity when defined consists of a sequence of steps, each of which can contain a method or an instruction. As you save an activity form, the system converts information in the form into server-side Java source code. At runtime, this Java code is compiled and executed to perform processing, analysis, and decision making.
What is PDF?
PDF files are Compatible Across Multiple Platforms. A PDF format represents a document independently of the hardware, operating system and application software used to create the original PDF file. It was designed to create transferable documents that can be shared across multiple computer platforms. So PDF files are widely used in all firms. So how do we call a PDF using an activity in PEGA?
1. Create the required case type and the section.
2. Declare your own data types and properties that are to be displayed in the PDF if required.
3. Open the Flow and add the utility shape to the flow.
4. Enter the activity name in the utility and click the cross hair icon to create the new activity.
5. Configure the activity as follows:
• Define method as Call Work-.pxCreatePDF
• Enter the defined parameter ( Section Name, PDF File Name, Attachment Category and the orientation of PDF)
6. Save and run the activity or the case type to generate the PDF.
HAPPY LEARNING !!!