OBJ-BROWSE (Activity Time!)
The Obj-Browse method is used to search instances of one class and copy the entire instances, or specified properties, to the clipboard as embedded pages. It is mainly used:
1. When we need to browse the database table and get some results.
2. To fetch one or more rows from the database table.
1. PageName - Enter the name of the destination page to contain the search results. The system always defaults Code-Pega-List as the class of this page.
2. ObjClass - Identify a class to search. You can search one concrete class or all classes in a class group. Within the PegaRULES database, the class can correspond to a database table or to a database view.
3. MaxRecords - Enter the maximum number of instances you want to return in the list at run time. If left blank, the default value is 10,000. If the value is 0, up to 50 instances are returned.
As a best practice, specify a MaxRecords value to reduce the demand for database activity memory.
4. GetRowKey - When selected includes the primary key in the set of property values returned. Clear to exclude the primary key. (Selected by default)
5. RowKey - This is applicable only when GetRowKey is true. The primary key of the database table is to be mentioned here. By default, all internal tables' primary key will be pzInsKey.
6. UseLightWeight - It is a key aspect of performance. In some cases, you may need to browse the results and use them just for display purposes, in those cases this parameter has to be checked to improve performance. This can reduce memory requirements during processing.
7. Logic - Enter a boolean statement that defines how the rows of the parameter array are to be combined.
Label - Enter a unique letter or identifier for this row, referenced in the Logic field.
Select - Select to return the value of this property on each embedded page.
Field - You can specify a property, a list or group property, or individual elements of a list or group property you need to fetch. Only exposed properties can be used here, else it will throw an error.
Condition - Select a condition from the picklist.
Value - Specify the value for the condition.
Sort - Select any sorting order to sort the results based on the value.
Let's configure the Activity!
1. Create a test activity and call Obj-Browse method. Enter all the parameters and run the activity.
2. Check the tracer results see if the activity works.
3. Click on it to check the results.
We can see 168 Results obtained with status "New" as specified in the logic condition.
HAPPY LEARNING !!!